Happy Illinois Day!
Today was National Illinois Day. . .
Happy National Illinois Day ! ! !
♥ ♠ ♦ ♣ ♥ ♠ ♦ ♣ ♥ ♠ ♦ ♣ ♥ ♠ ♦ ♣
Vintage Photo: The Skyline of Chicago as seen from the end of Navy Pier from ChicagoFest in July of 1981. Click the photo for more information, and the history of radio as in 2020 celebrated the 100th anniversary of radio!
Photo #1 taken with a tripod mounted Nikon FE camera through a Vivitar 70-150 zoom lens zoomed in at 150 mm, filter=polarizer, Aperture=2.8 f/stop, shutter-speed 1/8th second, loaded with Konica ISO (ASA) 100 Color 135-20 Negative Film processed with C-41 Processing Chemicals, and a Type C Print using the RA-4 enlargement paper process, onto a 4X6″ semi-gloss print. Date – August 1982.
Recent Photo: The Biograph Theatre has a newly renewed name, the Victory Gardens Theater. A great photo, and click the photo for history including John Dillinger.
Photo #2 taken with a Samsung Galaxy A71 with the factory Quad camera Standard-wide: 64 MP 1/1.72-inch sensor with 0.8µm pixels and 26 mm-equivalent f/1.8 PDAF lens Ultra-wide: 12 MP sensor with f/2.2 aperture lens. (Photo taken on 9/3/21)
Vintage Photo: Excalibur Hotel & Casino was opened on June 19, 1990. Less than four years after it’s opening, this photo was taken on January 1, 1994.
Originally Published on: Oct 2, 2019: Photo of the Day: 10/2/19 © 2019 Versatileer
Photo #3 taken with a Nikon EM camera through a Nikon 26 mm lens, filter=polarizer, Aperture=11 f/stop, shutter-speed 1/125th second, loaded with Konica ISO (ASA) 100 Color 135-20 Negative Film processed with C-41 Processing Chemicals, and a Type C Print using the RA-4 enlargement paper process, onto a 4X6″ semi-gloss print.
Recent Photo: A #FallColor photo of the Red Sugar Maple Tree at Central Avenue & Independence Avenue, in Oak Forest, Illinois.
Photo #4 taken with a Samsung Galaxy A20 with the factory Dual Pixel 12MP OIS F1.7 lens and 1.4µm pixels with vDIS=ON.
Origination: Here is the critical information of the beginning of Illinois.
|Illinois Officially Adopted as a U.S. State, State Song, Admission Date & Illinois Flag|
|State Name Info
♪ State Song ♫
|21st State. Illinois Territory (partial)
“Casimir Pulaski Day” by Sufjan Stevens
|See: Officially Adopted as a U.S. States, State Songs, Admission Dates & Flags at: National States And Capitals Day! – 2022|
Famous Illinoisans Here is a list of some famous people associated with Illinois:
- Jane Addams, was a peace activist born in Cedarville, lived from 1860 to 1935. Jane was a co-founder of Hull House in Chicago, Addams leading the country in developing settlement houses. Jane offered education, social services, and more to those in need. As , in 1931 Addams became the first American woman to receive the Nobel Peace Prize.
- Mary Curzon, was a Baroness born in Chicago, lived from May 27, 1870 to July 18, 1906. May was the daughter of a prosperous Chicago businessman, Mary Victoria Leiter. She would marry George Curzon, heir to the Barony of Scarsdale.
- Marion Mahony Griffin, was an architect born in Chicago, lived from February 14, 1871 to August 10, 1961. Marion was the first licensed female architect in history, leaving her mark all across the Midwest, working alongside Frank Lloyd Wright.
- Walt Disney, was an entrepreneur born in the Hermosa area of Chicago, lived from December 5, 1901 to December 5 1966. Walt was an animation pioneer and entrepreneur. Walt partnered with his brother, launching an enterprise based on the image of a mouse called Mickey.
- Ronald Reagan, was an actor and the 40th United States President, was born in Tampico–a village located in Tampico Township, in Whiteside County, in western Illinois, next to Rock Falls and Sterling. Ronald lived from February 6, 1911 to June 5, 2004. He served two terms from the year 1981 until 1989. President Reagan survived an assassination attempt two months into his first term, ;leading to the Brady Bill for gun control. His wife, Nancy centered on the destruction that drugs was tolling this marvelous country with crime and death. Because it was so out of control, Ronald advocated a “War on Drugs”. Reagan’s second term was highlight by great relations on an international level the end of the Cold War.
- Burt Baskin, was an entrepreneur born in Streator, lived from December 17, 1913 to December 24, 1967. Burt and his partner and his brother-in-law, Irvin Robbins began an ice cream shop based on a line of creamery from 21 flavors and developed having a franchise that circled the globe.
- Martin Cooper, is an inventor, was born in Chicago, on December 26, 1928. In 1973, Martin led the same Motorola team when he placed the first cellular call on a DynaTAC phone in New York City, that developed the modern mobile phone.
Some Great Illinois Sites Here is a list of some some great places to visit while in Illinois:
- Lewis & Clark in Illinois
- Pullman in Chicago
- Illinois and Michigan Canal State Trail in Northwestern Illinois
- Weldon Springs State Park in Clinton
- Illinois Caverns in Waterloo
- Starved Rock State Park in LaSalle County
- Lincoln’s New Salem State Historic Site in Petersburg
- Illinois State Museum in Springfield
- Field Museum of Natural History in Chicago
- Adler Planetarium in Chicago.
- John G. Shedd Aquarium in Chicago
- Illinois Holocaust Museum and Education Center in Skokie
- McLean County Museum History in Bloomington
- Route 66 Association Hall of Fame and Museum in Pontiac
- Morton Arboretum in Lisle
- Cantigny Park in Wheaton
FREEBIES & DEALS For National Illinois Day:
♥ FREE National Illinois Day (Pick from 2): Fonts
♠ FREE: National Illinois Day: Crafts + Printable
♦ CHEAP: National Illinois Day: Ideas, Crafts & Worksheets
#HappyNationalIllinoisDay #NationalIllinoisDay #HappyIllinoisDay #Illinois #Chicago #ChicagoIllinois #IL
National Illinois Day
One thought on “Happy National Illinois Day! – 2022”
i need to visit someday