Happy National Donut Day
(Or Doughnut Day)!!!
Today. June 3rd! National Donut Day (Or Doughnut Day). . .
Happy National Doughnut Day ! ! !
🍩 🥯 🥜 🍩 🥯 🥜 🍩 🥯 🥜 🍩 🥯 🥜 🍩 🥯 🥜 🍩 🥯 🥜
A Brief History:
Founded By: Chicago’s The Salvation Army.
Why: As a fund raiser for Chicago’s The Salvation Army.
Where: Chicago, Illinois.
First Official Doughnut Day: The women in wartime were dedicated persons who gave their services to make hard times much easier by making batches of doghnuts and coffee for the servicemen. This work became known by servicemen as the “Doughnut Girls” During World War II The Red Cross had volunteers as “Doughnut Dollies” perform the same as in the World War I era.
Only That Day? The birthday of the United States Marine Corps on November 10 was once referred to as National Doughnut Day in the Vietnam War, giving out Doughnut in honor. A second National Doughnut Day is also celebrated on November 5th, which is speculated to have originated from this event, Nowadays there are more events, as explained below.
A Few Facts:
I am sharing a few facts, and more, some trivia, some not trivial. . .
More Doughnut Facts and Yummy Tales:
More Doughnut Days throughout the year:
- National Jelly-Filled Doughnut Day: June 8th (occasionally as June 9th).
- National Cream-Filled Doughnut Day: September 14th.
- National Boston Cream Pie Day:October 23rd.
- Doughnut Day: October 30th.
Other Doughnut Days throughout the world:
- Australia: Celebrated on October 26th starting in 2020 to collaborate when a Melbourne supermarket had sold out of doughnuts, taken to be a symbol of hope and recovery during a long period of COVID-19 lockdown.
- Doughnuts are very popular as well in Canada.
- Doughnuts are a favorite of cops worldwide.
- Doughnuts are a favorite of Homer Simpson.
- Doughnuts are so delicious worldwide.
- Doughnuts are great breakfast and anytime!
- More. . .
How Many? 10 billion doughnuts each year in the U.S. The average American eats about 31 doughnuts a year, which means we each consume about two or three doughnuts a month.
Flavors: In the U.S. (sometimes worldwide):
- Chocolate Glazed
- Boston Creme
- Chocolate Long John.
- Chocolate Frosting with Sprinkles
- Strawberry Jelly
- Double Chocolate
- Vanilla Frosting with Sprinkles
- Apple Fritter
- Lemon Cream
U.S.: Hopefully in the U.S., the doughnut trend will continue to ring in everywhere! We like the days celebrating doughnuts or doughnuts.
Worldwide: The world loves their doughnuts! How delicious. . .
FREEBIES & DEALS For National Doughnut Day:
🍩 FREE AT Krispy Kreme TODAY: FREE Original Glazed Doughnut
🥯 FREE AT Dunkin Donuts TODAY: FREE Donut with purchase of beverage
🥜 FREE AT Tim Horton’s Til 6/28: FREE Doughnut-Unlock thru Tim’s Rewards
🍩 FREE National Doughnut Day: Fonts
🥯 FREE: National Donut Day: Crafts + Printable
🥜 CHEAP: National Donut Day: Ideas, Crafts & Worksheets
Have a donut today, June 8th (jelly-filled), September 14th (cream-filled), October 23rd (Boston cream pie) and October 30th (buy a doughnut day)!
#NationalDonutDay #Donuts #Donut #Doughnuts #DonutDay #DoughnutDay #NationalDoughnutDay #Doughnut #DonutLover #Chocolate #Dessert #Desserts #DunkinDonuts #KrispyKreme #Entenmanns #DonutShop #DankyDonuts
National Doughnut Day