Honoring the actual Birthday to President Abraham Lincoln today. I am from the Land of Lincoln, so we always celebrate on this day and it is still an actual holiday in Illinois.
A prayer and a moment of silence…
by Daniel Decatur Emmett. Released in 1859. Also known as “Dixie’s Land“, “I Wish I Was in Dixie“
♫ Old times there are not forgotten, ♪
♫ Look away, look away, look away, Dixie Land. ♪
♪ In Dixie Land where I was born in, ♫
♪ Early on a frosty mornin’, ♫
♫ Look away, look away, look away, Dixie Land. ♪
♫ In Dixie Land I’ll take my stand to live and die in Dixie, ♪
♫ Away, away, away down South in Dixie, ♪
♪ Away, away, away down South in Dixie. ♪
♫ In Dixie’s land, ♪
♪ I’ll take my stand to live and die in Dixie ♫
♪ Away, away, away down South in Dixie! ♫
♫ Away, away, away down South in Dixie! ♪
— President Abraham Lincoln’s favorite song was “Dixie”
Happy Abraham Lincoln’s Birthday ! ! !
It is the day to honor the hero that made freedom for all happen! True Freedom, that made our country what it is! Don’t let anyone tell you that we are not free! Lincoln practiced the principles of the Constitution and when he put his hand on the Bible, he really meant it! True to heart. In order to honor those that keep our flag flying high, there is a lot of responsibility that goes along with keeping freedom ringing in each and every American’s life! Just like in those days, Every American is so special–every generation–for each second, minute and hour. Keep the flag for what it stands for. . .Be proud to be an American! Thank you Mr. President Lincoln. The legacy lives on and on. . .
A Brief History:
President Lincoln’s Birthday: President Lincoln was born on February 12, 1809, in Hodgenville, Hodgen’s Mill, Kentucky to a then poor family.
President Lincoln’s Pre-Presidential Career: Lincoln was an American lawyer in Illinois and politician under the Whig party who started by serving state legislature then in Congress, then returning to his law practice.
The Start of the G.O.P. Party: By 1854 he became a new member of the then new GOP Republican party and by 1858 and starred against Stephen Douglas in 6 famous Lincoln-Douglas debates–all in the State of Illinois.
Remarked Era After the Lincoln-Douglas Debates Including Becoming President: The popularity of the debates savored his eventual nomination by 1860 when Buchanan stepped down, and then succeeding to becoming the first to be elected as our 16th president in the Civil War era.
Presient Lincoln’s Merits: Other merits were abolishing slavery and the Confederacy, preserving the Union, and modernizing the economy.
A Few Facts:
I am sharing a few facts, and more, some trivia, some not trivial. . .
- He won strongly in the Union states and the anti-war Democrats called Copperheads eventually plotted his assassination.
- By the year 1863 the the Emancipation Proclamation transpired ordering an Army to protect escaped slaves, encouraging outlawed slavery.
- By January 1865 Senate passed the 13th Amendment to the US Constitution, permanently outlawing slavery.
- In early April 1865 the war unofficially ended, and then on the day April 14, 1865, John Wilkes Booth thereby assassinated Lincoln at the at Ford’s Theatre in Washington, D.C while attending the play Our American Cousin.
- The war ended on December 18, 1865 officially when Congress ratified the amendment and three Reconstruction Amendments.
- The Union and Confederate States then combined to make the US one again.
- The merits of Lincoln are the stepping stones to and have helped other more modern day efforts promoting freedom to all US citizens from many including Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Lincoln is considered by far the most important of all presidents in the 19th Century.
- The amount of freedom instilled in his administration is still today what makes this country so United.
- More. . .
Every day ALL Americans have the asset of having more freedom than any other country in the world. The freedoms, while challenged all the time are also protected by the years of life in our Constitution. President Lincoln and Lincoln’s Birthday are so important to us all!. With the unity of all people having a Higher Power, there is hope. . .
President Lincoln just knew that we needed to preserve the foundation of the United States. Without the solid foundation, our country is doomed to exist with the freedoms the flag stand for. Don’t take anything for granted. “The Constitution” is the one of the sacred documents that President Lincoln never took for granted. We will NEVER, ever forget the freedom for which the flag and the Statue of Liberty stands for!
FREEBIES & DEALS For Lincoln’s Birthday:
🇺🇸🇺🇸 FREE Lincoln’s Birthday: Fonts
🇺🇸🇺🇸 FREE Lincoln’s Birthday: President Lincoln’s Birthday + Printables
🇺🇸🇺🇸 FREE Lincoln’s Birthday: President Lincoln’s Birthday Dixie sheet music
🇺🇸🇺🇸 CHEAP Lincoln’s Birthday: Ideas, Crafts & Worksheets
#LincolnsBirthday #HappyLincolnsBirthday #Lincoln #AbeLincoln #AbrahamLincolnQuotes #CivilWar #President #USA #America #History #AmericanHistory #AmericanFlag #Flag #Love #Patriot #StarsAndStripes #StarsAndStripesForever #UnitedStates #LincolnMemorial #GettysburgAddress #Dixie #Freedom #Remember #Honor #NeverForget #February
Happy Lincoln‘s Birthday!!