Happy National Donut Day (Or Doughnut Day)!!!
Today. June 4th! National Donut Day (Or Doughnut Day). . .
A Brief History:
Founded By: Chicago’s The Salvation Army.
Why: As a fund raiser for Chicago’s The Salvation Army.
Where: Chicago, Illinois.
First Official Earth Day: The women in wartime were dedicated persons who gave their services to make hard times much easier by making batches of doghnuts and coffee for the servicemen. This work became known by servicemen as the “Doughnut Girls” During World War II The Red Cross had volunteers as “Doughnut Dollies” perform the same as in the World War I era.
Only That Day? The birthday of the United States Marine Corps on November 10 was once referred to as National Donut Day in the Vietnam War, giving out donuts in honor. A second National Donut Day is also celebrated on November 5th, which is speculated to have originated from this event, Nowadays there are more events, as explained below.
A Few Facts:
I am sharing a few facts, and more, some trivia, some not trivial. . .
More Donut Facts and Yummy Tales:
More Donut Days throughout the year:
- National Jelly-Filled Doughnut Day: June 8 (occasionally as June 9).
- National Cream-Filled Doughnut Day: September 14.
- National Boston Cream Pie Day:October 23rd.
- Doughnut Day: October 30.
Other Donut Days throughout the world:
- Australia: Celebrated on 26 October 2020 to collaborate when a Melbourne supermarket had sold out of doughnuts, taken to be a symbol of hope and recovery during a long period of COVID-19 lockdown (just starting last year).
- Doughnuts are very popular as well in Canada.
- Donuts are so delicious worldwide!
- More. . .
How Many? 10 billion donuts each year in the U.S. The average American eats about 31 donuts a year, which means we each consume aboout two or three donuts a month.
Flavors: In the U.S.:
- Chocolate Glazed
- Boston Creme
- Chocolate Long John.
- Chocolate Frosting with Sprinkles
- Strawberry Jelly
- Double Chocolate
- Vanilla Frosting with Sprinkles
- Apple Fritter
- Lemon Cream
U.S.: Hopefully in the U.S., the doughnut trend will continue to ring in everywhere! We like the days celebrating doughnuts or donuts.
Worldwide: The world loves their donuts! How delicious. . .
FREEBIES & GIVEAWAYS For National Donut Day:
FREE AT Krispy Kreme TODAY: FREE Original Glazed Doughnut
FREE AT Dunkin Donuts TODAY: FREE classic donut of your choice
GIVEAWAY FROM Entenmann’s Ends 6/21: ENTER Today to WIN
FREE National Donut Day: Fonts
See you June 8th, September 14th, October 23rd and October 30th!!
#NationalDonutDay #Donuts #Donut #Doughnuts #DonutDay #DoughnutDay #NationalDoughnutDay #Doughnut #DonutLover #Chocolate #Dessert #Desserts #DunkinDonuts #KrispyKreme #Entenmanns #DonutShop #DankyDonuts
National Donut Day