Happy Pancakes Day!!!
Today was National Pancakes Day (aka. Shove Tuesday)! These are by far very delicious! Butter, maple syrup and/or fruit, or both! Served up with or without whipped cream! Enjoy it morning, noon or night. . .Or just the perfect midnight snack–some nice pancakes. . .
Happy Pancakes Day ! ! !
🥞 🍮 🧈 🥞 🍮 🧈 🥞 🍮 🧈 🥞 🍮 🧈 🥞 🍮 🧈
A Brief History:
Origination: The first pancakes were introduced in the ancient date of 600 B.C. in Greece. The first documented breakfast happened in 1100 A.D., with Shrove Tuesday (Pancake Day), becoming the traditional way to use up excess dairy products before lent began, whereby the naming of the pancake and where breakfast was born.
More Recent Origin: More dates that were an important start to pancakes:
- 1889: The first ready-mix food sold on the commercial market was Aunt Jemima pancake flour. It was invented by the Pearl Milling Company in St. Joseph, Missouri and advertised as the first ready-mix cooking product.
- 1931: Bisquick is first introduced in the United States to make lighter, fluffier versions of pancakes than previous batters.
- 1961: Mrs. Butterworth was named the iconic godmother of American syrup.
What Really are Pancakes? Pancakes are the very old beginnings of bread and pastry. Generally a pancake is any kind of batter, fried or baked in a skillet, on a griddle, or on any hot surface.
A Celebration: Recognized each day for many across the country, a very special meal, or even special dessert, snack, or even a very special midnight snack–pancakes have grown accustomed to a great celebration for that home cooking aroma and very tasty treat that they really are!
Celebrated: The holiday is a floating one, because it is always the day before lent starts.
|Upcoming Pancakes Days – 2023-2027
A Few Facts:
I am sharing a few facts, and more, some trivia, some not trivial. . .
The Most Popular Types Of Pancakes:
The Most Popular Pancake Toppings:
More Trivia, But Very Deliciously Presented:
- Pancakes are the United State’s #3 favorite breakfast food, coming in with bacon at first choice and eggs being second.
- There are 520 calories in two servings of pancakes with the butter and syrup.
- Only a mere 7% of Americans say that they are not fond of pancakes.
- An estimated average of 700,000 pancakes are consumed every year.
- The measurement of the world’s biggest pancake is 49 feet in diameter in 1995 in Rochdale, United Kingdom.
- That same world’s biggest pancake weighed in at 6,614 pounds (1995).
- More. . .
People all over the world, including the U.S. are enjoying their pancakes, every day! So sweetly enjoyed!
Let’s receive great thanks and enjoy pancakes this great year and in the years to come. . .
#HappyNationalPancakesDay #NationalPancakesDay #HappyPancakesDay #PancakesDay #Pancakes #PancakesLover #PancakesTime #Pancakes #ButtermilkPancakes #BlueberryPancakes #ChocolateChipPancakes #BananaPancakes #CinnamonPancakes #WheatPancakes #WholeOatPancakes #Sweet #Breakfast #Brunch #Lunch #Dinner #Supper #Dessert #Snack #Snacks #Foodie #Delicious #Bakery #Cafe
National Pancakes Day